Saturday, May 17, 2014

Florida Alabama Mississippi and Louisiana

I left Florida this morning and went through Alabama, Mississippi and ended up in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.  But, not before stopping in New Orleans and spending the afternoon.
 
 
Blue Angels - common sight in Pensacola, FL

 
You KNOW you are in the South when you start to see Magnolias!  Beautiful!

 
OH, yeah!  The first stop in New Orleans is Cafe Du Monde for some Beignets.
SO GOOD!

 
Okay, so I was lucky enough to see my music idol and rock god, Dave Grohl, in New Orleans.  Unfortunately, this random, unknown dude got in the picture just as I was taking it.  I had ONE opportunity to snap Dave Grohl's pic and this is what I got!

 
Street Performers

 
 
I loved this old building.
 
 
 
Blue Dog.

 
How do you get 10 frat boys to stand together and smile??
Easy - tell them there is going to be a topless, painted girl in the photo!
 
 
 
My friend paid $18 to get this little drink and have the bartender set on fire (Absinthe)
 
(Click the play button to play video)
 
 
 
I hate this antiquated tradition of using these beautiful beasts to drag around humans in carriages.  It can't be good for this animal all day in the Louisiana heat.   It makes me sad to see this; I think it is cruel.
 
(Click the play button to play video)