Monday, May 26, 2014

Grand Canyon

It was a little cold, and there was a light rain off and on, but it didn't matter.  You can never have a bad day at the Grand Canyon!
 
 

 
The Colorado River - waaaaay down there.






 


 
These were beautiful Native American dancers performing at the Grand Canyon Rim by the Hopi House.  It was really enjoyable to watch the dancers and listen to their music!











 
I was so busy taking narcissistic pics of myself, I am surprised I even had time to watch the dancers!
 
 
A hat for all occasions.  It started out REALLY cold, but warmed up in the afternoon.  I had to ditch the wool hat and swap it for a sun visor!


 
Bright Angel Trail down into the Canyon

 
Most important thing - LUNCH!

 
 
This little rat was messing with me.  He would come up out of his hole, then when I would try to take his picture, he would quickly go back down - only to come up again a few seconds later; it was like he was sticking his tongue out at me!  But, being that I am a tad smarter than the average rat, I waited him out so I could get a picture.  Ha ha ha.  Joke's on you, rat!


 
Look at those chompers!!!

 
Cute baby chipmunk
 
 
An adorable, sweet bunny!

 
 The pup was so cute and smiling!

 
Sweet mules.  They were looking to me for a meal!

 
We didn't see the "Do Not Touch the Mules" sign until AFTER we had spent an hour petting them.  Oops.




 
This guy looked like he was going to JUMP!

 
I was taking this varmint's picture, and all the sudden - he comes at me!!!  OMG, he came an inch from my shoe.  I guess he didn't like me taking the picture.

 
Lots of ravens soaring across the Canyon!  Nevermore.




 
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore - 
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
"Tis some visiter,” I muttered, “tapping at my chamber door -
Only this and nothing more.”
 
Love, love, love it that they recycle!