Saturday, June 21, 2014

Boulder, Colorado

It's not every day you are driving on a main road and see a coyote in a field!  That's a common sight in Colorado!  Humans encroach upon their land, then get annoyed and call them "pests."   Coyotes don't like the humans any more than the humans like them!



I was thinking I was getting really lucky and seeing a flock of endangered whooping cranes.  But, no, they were white pelicans.   Not whooping cranes, but still impressive!


Downtown Boulder, Colorado.



Lots of greenery and flowers around the town!




I love the old, brick buildings!



I ate at this place, called "Salt".  No kidding, the food was TOO salty!


Street Performers.  I think she was going to cut his head off!



There are breweries all around Colorado.  This one, Avery Brewing, was very nice.  I am a non-drinker, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate how they make the beer and that it is local.




This was another brewery, called Oksar [something].  I loved building it was in.  Very industrial chic!




NO SHORTAGE OF WEED STORES!  "Herbs" = WEED!