Monday, June 9, 2014

St. George, Utah

St. George is a pretty, very nice town.  I was only here for a quick overnight trip, but I have been here before.  This time, I stayed at a place called Inn on the Cliffs.  It was a GORGEOUS location with a balcony that overlooked St. George.  A very, very nice place to stay!  http://www.innonthecliff.com/

You can't go anywhere in this town without seeing this beautiful church towering over everything.  I had a nice view of it from my balcony.  It is a beautiful church with amazing flowers all around it.






 
When I walked past the rose garden, the sweet smell of all different kinds of roses filled the air.  I don't know how they keep them growing since it was 100 degrees here!




 
This was a nice house on the cliff.  I might have maybe chosen a different color - but, to each his own!

 
Love this old buggy!

 
Utah is VERY Earth-friendly.  In all their national parks, they ask that you not leave anything, and that you don't take anything (in other words, clean up after yourself!).  There are recycle bins all over the cities - I love that!  I tend to haul my recyclables in my car; but, after a while, it seems that there is a landfill in the back of my car.  So, I was VERY happy to see these and unload all my recyclables!


 
This Inn on the Cliff was SO nice.  It didn't seem like much from the outside (other than it was on a cliff overlooking the city), but once you got inside, it was luxurious!  It had the feel of a high-end hotel.  Really nice!
 
 
AWESOME VIEW!

 
View of St. George

 
It was nice to sit out on the balcony and enjoy my dinner!

 
After I was done stuffing my face, I just sat back and enjoyed this nighttime view of the city.  It was so relaxing.

11:00 p.m.
 
Just before the sun came up, Venus was rising (top/middle) with the big church in the foreground.   Beautiful!

5:28 a.m.
 
Sunrise 
6:24 a.m.
 
I loved that at this Inn, you call downstairs and they immediately bring you up your breakfast.  It doesn't look like much, but it was perfect and SO good!
 
 
After my short stay in St. George, I was off again through the desert to my next destination:  MOAB!