Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I-70 East (might be my new favorite highway!)

As much as I love I-10 from San Antoino, Texas, west to Las Cruces, New Mexico, I think I-70 east from Grand Junction, Colorado, to Idaho Springs, Colorado, might be my new favorite drive.  It is BEAUTIFUL along this stretch (it is marked as scenic on the map the entire way).

Something pretty to look at as you are driving!




This interstate runs along the Colorado River.  There are several places where people were enjoying the RAGING river.  The guy in the boat, he would get 2 inches, only to have the wicked current push him back 30 feet.  I was thinking, I wonder why he doesn't paddle the boat with the current, rather than against it.  Oh well.





Oops!!!  (No little boaters were killed for entertainment in this blog -- at least I don't think so!)


He's up again!


 The raging Colorado River!  I stopped at a rest stop, and the view of the river at the stop was beautiful.


(Click on the play button to play video.)


I was SO happy to be out of the desert and start seeing green stuff again.  I couldn't resist taking a self-portrait!


After the rest stop, I continued on.  The view of the mountains just got better and better.  Every corner I turned was more picturesque!









Who wouldn't rather be in Colorado?!?!?  (Except when it snows!)

(Click on play button to play video.)




 I stopped in ritzy Vail for a quick lunch (well, excuuuuuuse me!) 
Very nice, RICH town!  It's beautiful!

 






 Pretty flowers all over Vail.



 Loved this little covered bridge.