Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Kansas ~ Oklahoma ~ Arkansas ~ and Elvis!

Left the Rocky Mountains and headed out east on I-70.  I love driving through America's Heartland.  It is very peaceful with wide open spaces; you go for miles and miles seeing nothing but land and cows.  


 I love the Earth's natural wind energy being put to good use!


 Nuttin' but me and some cows out here!




 (Click the play button to play video.)



Okay, so maybe this isn't how I would go about getting a new kidney - but, to each his own!


 Glorious sunset over Wichita, Kansas, tonight!



 I was just hoping to get through Oklahoma without seeing any kind of tornado.   I stopped at a rest stop, and they had the TV on and there was a special report of a raging tornado - but it was in Nebraska.

Okay, so, I'm like starting to hear some dueling banjo music!


Next came Arkansas.  No offense, but all these states look alike.  They are pretty where they are pretty, and they are ugly where they are ugly!  (Ditto on the banjo music!)



 For the 100th time, I visited Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee.  I didn't actually go IN the house, I just go there and visit (you can't not!).  I did indulge in a Elvis-styled peanut butter and banana sandwich (FRIED, of course!) at the Rockabilly Diner at Graceland. Then I peeked in the fence at the house.  Maybe next time, I will actually pay the $40 and go inside the house (not that there's any good reason to go in).

There is NO shortage of Elvis stuff here at Graceland.  Somebody REALLY knew how to market him after his unfortunate death in 1977.

I'm going to Graceland!!
(Click play button to play video!)











 Elvis Barbie.


 Elvis Mr.Potato Head.  REALLY?   Just seems so wrong!











 OH YEAH!  $4.29 gets you a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich.  The heart attack is free!

YUMMO!!