Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Grand Junction, Colorado

This is a small town, and quite charming.  There is an historic downtown area with a lot of nice shops and restaurants.   What I found particularly nice about it was all the "art in public places" (statues) and how clean it was.  A lot of the buildings look old but have maintained their character.  It was a nice place to walk around.












 I love the character all these old buildings have!


This was a cool thing in the center of the town.  It was a map of the area etched in the bricks.  It showed where the rivers meet and all the important things in the town.


 Riverside Park - Along the Colorado River


 I LOVE it when  towns recycle!!!


Grand Junction had so many nice statues and art around the little area.  This was my particular favorite.













 Okay, so, the artist called this bronze statue of this girl "Stretch."  I call it, "Up Against the Wall."  My name is so much more fitting!





One second, this area will have a blue sky and not a cloud in sight.  With 10 minutes, a huge storm can stir up.  The was a pretty ominous cloud!  The storm lasted a wicked 20 minutes, then went away!