Monday, June 16, 2014

Gunnison meets the Colorado!

In Grand Junction, Colorado, the Gunnison River meets the Colorado River (hence the name Grand Junction).   I was looking for a place where I could take a photo of exactly where the two rivers meet.  I ended up on a back road, and saw some NO TRESPASSING signs in front of me.  I was trying to turn around, when a nice guy came out and asked why I was there.  I explained, I just wanted to see the rivers.  He was nice enough to allow me onto his property, where I had the AWESOME view of the confluence of the Gunnison and Colorado Rivers.  I am pretty sure this is interesting to no one but me; but, it's my blog so I can write all the uninteresting stuff I want (and do!).


 Gunnison on the left, Colorado on the right.


 This is an incredible view.  It's a vacant lot on a hilltop overlooking the rivers.



The train has nothing to do with the rivers; it just went by when I was standing there so I took a pic of it.